As time passes, many women come to feel that their breasts just don’t “hang” right anymore. Actually, the loss of perkiness is natural, for time causes breasts to sag as it causes everything else on the body to sag. This can be exacerbated by pregnancy, breastfeeding, frequent weight loss or weight gain. Genes can also cause breasts to be less aesthetically pleasing than they once were. Fortunately, there’s something you can do. Our staff at PSS now offers our patients breast lift consultation in all of our Maryland offices.
What Happens During A Breast Lift Consultation?
During a breast lift consultation, the patient meets with the plastic surgeon at one of our PSS offices. Patients can be candidates for breast lift surgery, or mastopexy, if they are:
- Over 18
- A non-smoker
- Not suffering from a life-threatening medical condition or a condition that could interfere with the ability to heal after the surgery
- Not pregnant
- Not breastfeeding
- Realistic in their expectations of what the surgery can accomplish
It’s best if the patient come to the breast lift consultation with a clear idea of what she has in mind when it comes to the outcome of the surgery. The plastic surgeon helps the patient examine the details of what she wants and what is possible, because breast lift surgery is customized for the individual patient. The surgical technique is determined by the size and shape of the breasts, the position of the areoles, how much the breasts sag and the amount of extra skin on the breasts. The skin itself will be evaluated for its elasticity and tone.
The surgeon also takes the patient’s medical history. She may also be asked to adjust the dosages of any medications she is taking or stop them at least temporarily. Anti-inflammatory drugs, anticoagulants and herbal supplements may need to be stopped well before the surgery because they may increase bleeding.
Breast Lifts Performed in 2016
Performed in the Maryland Region
A Few Questions to Ask During Your Breast Lift Consultation
- Is your surgeon an American Board of Plastic Surgery certified surgeon?
- How long has your surgeon been practicing?
- Does your surgeon perform a breast lift at a local hospital or in an on-site operating room?
- What surgical technique will be used for your breast lift?
- What is the average recovery process for a breast lift?
- When can I expect to return to work and/or normal activities?
- Are there any risks or complications associated with a breast lift?
- What will my breasts look like over time?
- Can your surgeon provide before-and-after photos of past breast lifts?
If You Choose A Breast Lift After a Consultation
Breast lift surgery is performed in our on-site operating room. Our board-certified doctors confirm the decisions made during your breast lift consultation to ensure your results.
Following breast lift surgery, patients go home with a light dressing and a support bra to help support and comfort the breasts while recovering. Post-operative pain varies from patient to patient. Medication is provided to ease the healing process. Our doctors provide a list of post-operative instructions, which should be followed during your recovery.
PSS Can Help You Improve Your Figure
Make showing off your figure fun again. Contact us today at 866-540-3911 for a breast lift consultation at our main office in Annapolis or our satellite offices in Easton or Prince Frederick.